Q: Jeep has no power power when driving forward

Our Jeep is not getting any power to drive forward. When I stop completely the Jeep doesn't want to go until I floor it and it just sounds like I'm revving the engine. Then it doesn't want to go very fast. There are no check engines lights on or anything. It starts fine and reverses fine.

Hi there. If the engine is revving fine but the vehicle is not moving then it sounds like you have a transmission that is slipping. When this occurs the transmission will usually needs to be rebuilt or replaced. If the engine seems to be running fine but the throttle response is just not good then it may be something else like a catalytic converter, but from your description this sounds like a transmission failure. I would check the transmission fluid first to make sure it is fine. If it is low then that may be causing this. If the fluid is really dark or dirty then that is an even better indication that there is a transmission failure. If you need assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help diagnose your issues with vehicle acceleration.

3. Jeep has no power power when driving forward