Q: Our 2005 jaguar ran out of gas Now it won't start we added gas and turn the key on an off four times it sound like it will

Our 2005 jaguar ran out of gas Now it won't start we added gas and turn the key on an off four times it sound like it will But wont

Car is not starting Inspection $94.99 - $114.99 Get a Quote

When a car has a lot of miles on it, as yours does, running out of gas can damage the fuel pump. Most cars these days have the pump submerged in the fuel tank and the fuel passes through the electric motor itself on the way to the engine. This is done to keep the pump motor cool during operation. When the tank is run empty, the pump runs dry and it can overheat, damaging the pump. You need to have the fuel pressure tested to be sure though. Fuel pumps are expensive so you don’t want to replace one unnecessarily. By contacting Your Mechanic, you can have a technician come to your home or office to check out your Jaguar and let you know what can be done for it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr