Q: 2006 Toyota Highlander very sluggish

All of the sudden my 2006 Toyota Highlander seems very sluggish from 0-40mph and then from 60-75 mph. It really seems to struggle to get above 75. I noticed the other day it was about 2 qts of oil low and I did too that off. Seems to be burning a bit. It is a 4 cyl with approx 165,000 miles. Just received a tune up and changed the air filter yesterday, this helped a tad but still doing it.

A: You will need to have the fuel pressure che...

You will need to have the fuel pressure checked to see if it is giving enough pressure and volume. Have the fuel filter replaced. Lack of power can be due to the engine not making the power or the transmission in too high of gear to produce power. Have the engine compression checked if the problem continues. It may have a compression problem since you are burning oil you could have weak piston rings and low compression. If the problem persists and you want a professional to take a look, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car's loss of power.