Q: 2003 Ford explorer.i put it in reverse and pressed the gas and it wouldn't move

It wouldn't move in reverse but when it did it jumped and it sounded like something was scrubbing. In drive it did the same thing so we parked it and tried it again this time it just started jumping and skipping sounded like it was going to cut off. The transmission on it has been rebuilt

A: The transmissions on the Explorers had issu...

The transmissions on the Explorers had issues with the reverse and drive band servo binding in the shaft hole on the transmission case. The transmission case would need to be modified by inserting an over-sized bushing in the case, or the case would need to be replaced with a new design.