Q: accidentally added windshield washer to coolant line instead of washer tub, just a little, maybe 1/8 of a gallon.

Wondering if the washer fluid will affect the car engine or what to do

Hi there. A little window washer fluid will not cause any damage to your engine or the cooling system, in fact it will actually make the system work a little better as the fluid has alcohol in it. Alcohol will raise the boiling point to the cooling system. So there is nothing to worry about.

• accidentally added windshield washer to coolant line instead of washer tub, just a little, maybe 1/8 of a gallon.