Q: 2012 Chevy Malibu oil change

asked by on December 08, 2016

I change the oil filter and oil but I drained the oil first and then the filter will it hurt my 2012 Chevy Malibu 2.4l and I'd if you have over tighten the filter cap will the oil still flow and not hurt my car

The oil filter should not be damaged by over tightening it, however you may want to be sure that the threads on the filter were not damaged by tightening it too much as this may cause it to leak. Generally, you want to tighten the oil filter 1 to 1.5 turns past the oil filter gasket touching the base of the oil filter housing.