Q: Sputtering when going uphill. Changed spark plugs and could and now worse

Truck sputters and shakes when accelerating uphill. No engine light or codes...Changed spark plugs and coils now worse and engine light blinking

Hello, thank you for writing in. Starting with checking the spark plugs is a great idea, as these are typical symptoms of spark failure. Although the check engine light was not on before, it is now, and there are likely diagnostic codes to check. Start by having the vehicle re-scanned. Use the information to help diagnose the issue. Typically a faulty fuel pump, or clogged fuel filter can also cause these issues. You can check the fuel pressure with an in-line gauge if needed. There are some sensors that will also cause issues like this. Typically the check engine light and a diagnostic scan will reveal these types of issues. For more help, contact our service department.

3. Sputtering when going uphill. Changed spark plugs and could and now worse