Q: A fuse blows when power seats are used

When we use the power seats, a fuse is blown under the hood. Several of these fuses have already been replaced. The fuses look like they are working properly, but the seats won’t work now. I’m wondering if there are any inline switches or fuses that I need to inspect. Could you tell me how many fuses are used to protect the power-seat circuit and is this problem typical for this make/model year?

Hello there, while this is not the most common issue, it does happen from time to time. There is usually 2 fuses per seat depending on opinions and if the vehicle has memory seats. The seats use a separate switch for each function of the seat such as up/down and incline. If a fuse keeps repeatedly blowing there is more going on. Fuses do not blow for no reason. There are a few likely causes for this, such as the seat motor, a shorted wire, or a switch malfunction. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your electrical system and perform any repairs required.

3. A fuse blows when power seats are used