Q: How do I use the lower anchors and tethers for children (LATCH) system?

How do I use the lower anchors and tethers for children (LATCH) system?

The lower anchors and tethers for children (LATCH) system is a key safety feature in your vehicle, that helps secure a child restraint system. The LATCH system accomplishes this by latching the restraint to the vehicle via anchors and tethers. In order to take advantage of your vehicle’s LATCH system, you will need a child restraint system that has LATCH attachments. Consult with your restraint system owner’s manual to see if your restraint is compatible, and if so, how to use the attachments. The LATCH system has two lower anchors for each outbound rear seat. The lower anchors are metal bars that are placed where the seatback meets the seat. The system also has a single top anchor for each of the rear seats. This anchor is built into the back of the rear seatback.