Q: 2011 Fusion power steering assist fault and service advancetrac at same time. restarted w/ no reset. drove 50mi w/ no steering wtf

asked by on June 20, 2017

Had to drive 50 miles after power steering assist fault and service advancetrac appeared. restarted to rest several times to no avail. was also told this was not covered under recall before. wtf do i just trade in and be good riddens

Hello. The issue may not be incredibly complex or major. With newer vehicles being equipped with more complex diagnostic systems, it is not uncommon for one issue being related to two separate warning lights. The first step is to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes. This can be done at most automotive parts stores or by a technician. Once you have that information you can make repairs or continue testing. Your vehicle in particular has a large number of sensors, one of which may need to be replaced. The repairs needed may be more complicated but there is no way to know until the codes have been scanned. For more help with diagnostics and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.