Q: I replaced the oil pan gasket on pontiac g6 2006, lifted the engine up with a engine hoist and now I am all done but the enginengi

I have a Pontiac G6 2006 3.5 liter engine and I change the oil pan gasket I lifted the car up put it on Two Jacks rented and engine hoist lifted engine up and changed everything I needed to change. Now I'm done with everything and I'm bringing the car down from the engine hoist and it does not go all the way down what did I do wrong?

If you are referring to the height of the vehicle being off, just jounce the vehicle and it will settle at ride height. None of the suspension was removed so mis-positioning of control arm bushings would not apply. However, if you are referring to the engine not sitting on the motor mounts correctly, or being mis-positioned, simply examine all of those components. The amount that the engine needs to be raised in this operation is very little. If you mistakenly raised it too much with any mounts still attached, you may have deformed the mounts, thus accounting for what you are seeing. An engine support fixture is specified for this operation. If you desire that YourMechanic evaluate this, please request a motor mount inspection. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I replaced the oil pan gasket on pontiac g6 2006, lifted the engine up with a engine hoist and now I am all done but the enginengi