Q: Cold air intake caused problems

I just bought a cold air intake for my mazda 6. Check engine light came on right after, i checked the maf sensor, no leaks. My scanner tool said o2 sensor 2 bank 2 wasnt getting any power. As soon as i switched back to the stock air box, everything went back to normal. Cel turned off and that o2 sensor had power. What could be the cause of this?

A: If the air flow is not as specified, then y...

If the air flow is not as specified, then you may have the wrong cold air intake for your vehicle. The code you got for the O2 sensor does not make sense, but if it goes away after putting it back to normal, then you may need to disconnect the battery after installing the new intake, and then see if the computer works okay. The intake may need special programming of the ECM with a chip programmer to work correct.