Q: Gas pedal goes all the way down

The car starts, but when I put it in drive it does not go. It will reverse though. The gas pedal goes all the way down.

Hello. This comes up often on this vehicle. It is typically always the transmission. When this transmission fails it will not function at all. If you check the fluid and it is dark or smells brunt, then that indicates high amounts of heat and failure. This typically will indicate that the transmission will need to be removed and either rebuilt or replaced. The car’s Reverse gear is typically unaffected by this. If you need to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your gas pedal issue.