Q: Sunroof stays open

The sunroof won't close.

A: Hello. At times, the sunroof Body Control M...

Hello. At times, the sunroof Body Control Module will need reprogramming. Its is a very common thing that occurs when it comes to your particular vehicle. It is a pretty easy process. You should be able to find the reprogramming steps in your owners manual under the section "normalize the moon roof". But to make it a little easier here are the steps from an online version of your owners manual. "If the moon roof does not operate automatically or the jam protection function does not operate correctly, you should normalize the moon roof. "To normalize the moon roof, push and hold the switch toward the "Tilt UP" side. Then the moon roof will tilt up and down, then slide open and close. After the slide close operation, release the switch. Make sure that the moon roof opens and closes automatically. If the moon roof still cannot be operated properly, have it checked by a Technician."

If the reprogramming procedure doesn't fix the malfunction I would then suggest inspecting the gears and cables of the sunroof. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the sunroof issue on vehicle and suggest an appropriate repair.