My 2002 PT Cruiser speedometer quit working and when I dr...

Q: My 2002 PT Cruiser speedometer quit working and when I drive it it only drives in first gear I can shift it but it only drives in

asked by on October 05, 2017

My 2002 PT Cruiser only drives in first gear I can shift it but it only runs in first gear and the speedometer don't work I replaced the speed sensor and that wasn't it well the output speed sensor what should I do please help

Hi Chevy. Thanks for contacting us today. What is likely is that your PT Cruiser is stuck in limp mode; which occurs when the ECU and sensors detect a mechanical or electrical fault with the transmission or other driveline systems. Although the sensors you’ve replaced are commonly associated with a damaged speedometer, there are other possibilities. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an onsite inspection so they can determine why your car is having these problems.