Q: Car running funny

My car has a very high idle and when I stop at a light the car will shake but only when im in drive or reverse. The cars gas pedal has lost alot of power so it is hard to get up hills. To get to speed the car has to build up before fully taking off. Right now the car is in my back yard with the throttle body taken off . What do you think the problem is?

A: Hello - your symptoms suggest that the thro...

Hello - your symptoms suggest that the throttle position sensor has failed. This would not be unusual for a vehicle with your extended mileage. I would recommend having a Car Hesitates during Acceleration Inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to confirm this diagnose, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.