Q: Does my car require synthetic engine oil or any oil additives?

Does my car require synthetic engine oil or any oil additives?

Take a look at any auto parts store today and you’ll see a ton of different options when it comes to engine oil. There’s conventional oil, synthetic oil, and even conventional/synthetic blends. Any oil can be used in your Accord, so long as it meets these requirements:

1. It’s 0W-20.

2. It features the American Petroleum Institute’s seal.

You’ll also see a lot of different oil additives on the market. Some are supposed to make your seals last longer. Others are supposed to increase fuel mileage. Understand that Honda recommends that you use NO oil additives, as they can cause problems with your engine.