Q: Misfire on cylinder 1 causes spark too rich or lean fuel levels

P0301 computer detected a misfire on cylinder 1 causes spark too rich or lean fuel levels what does that mean.

A: Hello there, the P0301 Cylinder 1 misfire i...

Hello there, the P0301 Cylinder 1 misfire is a common code on your 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer. When a misfire code is seen it is telling us that the cylinder is not firing as it is supposed too. This means the engine runs erratically on that one cylinder or not at all. The engine tries to compensate for this cylinder not firing and can cause the engine to run rich, or lean. Common causes of a misfire are spark plugs, wires, coil, fuel pump, fuel injector, vacuum leak, cap and rotor. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to determine what is causing your cylinder 1 misfire and perform any repairs required to resolve the issue.