Q: Blower motor stops when I accelerate

When driving on the road and I accelerate to pass a car or to increase speed the blower motor stops working until I decelerate.

A: Does the motor stop or is the location of w...

Does the motor stop or is the location of where it blows out of change? What you may be experiencing is that, when accelerating, the intake manifold vacuum is decreased. Vacuum is used to change the vents from defrost to dash to floor. With a loss of vacuum, the system defaults to the defrost position. Check your vehicle for vacuum leaks to make sure it gets the proper vacuum to maintain the vent position. The vacuum canister can also develop small cracks that can reduce the vacuum that is stored for time when you need to accelerate quickly. If you need help finding the source of your concern, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the cooling system in order to have this fixed appropriately.