Q: Transfer case adapter leak.

My transfer case adapter is cracked and transmission fluid is leaking out inky when my truck is parked. I didn't think the adapter had fluid in it so if it doesn't, what else could be leaking inside?

A: There should be an output seal between the ...

There should be an output seal between the transmission and the transfer case has an input seal with a gasket in between. If any of these are bad it may leak transmission fluid. I would recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the transmission fluid leak firsthand and repair it as necessary.