Q: Transfer case adapter leak.

My transfer case adapter is cracked and transmission fluid is leaking out inky when my truck is parked. I didn't think the adapter had fluid in it so if it doesn't, what else could be leaking inside?

There should be an output seal between the transmission and the transfer case has an input seal with a gasket in between. If any of these are bad it may leak transmission fluid. I would recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the transmission fluid leak firsthand and repair it as necessary.