Q: Car was weak starting and would barely go once I tried to drive it.

When I started my car this morning it was very weak sounding and took a sec to turn over.... I let it run for a bit before I turned it off.... This afternoon I started it back with the same weakness, like it would hardly turn over.... When I pulled onto the road and gave it some gas it didn't seem t want to go... It just barely went, so I turned around and parked. What could this be?

A: It sounds like your battery or your alterna...

It sounds like your battery or your alternator is getting weak. When the vehicle starts slowly and seems to have trouble, this is usually related to a dying or dead battery.

The alternators job is to charge the battery while the engine is running. It is possible that your alternator is not charging your battery and that is why your vehicle does not accelerate very well when you are driving.

I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a qualified professional, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your loss of power firsthand. They will be able to come to you and test the battery and alternator using a digital multimeter to determine if the alternator is producing the correct charging voltage. If not, the alternator or battery or both will likely need to be replaced in order to resolve this issue.