Q: I have a 2002 Toyota Camry and when I put it in reverse it cuts off.or when I start it it cuts off then I wait a few minutes then

asked by on March 16, 2017

My car cuts off if I put it in reverse. And then when I start it it turns off then I can wait a few minutes and it will start back.up.i just brought a new battery today.and it's still does that

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having one of several different issues. Typically this is attributed to an issue with an air sensor, either pertaining to the intake air or the exhaust. A sensor is usually to blame in these situations. You will want to start by having the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes. If any are present, they will help point you in the right direction. If there are no codes to help us, there will need to be testing done on both the intake and exhaust system. With that being said, you may also want to check and clean the throttle body, idle air control valve, and the throttle position sensor. For more help with diagnostic testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.