Q: When put in drive, transmission automatically shifts to park

My car has gone 17,000 miles. It has an automatic transmission that's been acting up lately. I went to the dealership several times but the issue persists. When I start the car and put it in drive, it would shift to park by itself. New software was installed after this happened. This occurred again however. On one occasion I had to push the car to make space for another vehicle. So, I tried putting it in neutral first and after pushing the car shortly, I managed to get it running without any issues. I tried this once more after that and it seems to solve the problem. However, I'd like to fix this as I'm in fear that it would automatically shift to park in the middle of traffic. What might be causing this?

A: Hello. Since the car is still relatively ne...

Hello. Since the car is still relatively new, I do not have any information on this problem at moment. If you took it to the dealer, then they are aware of the problem and currently do not have a fix yet. I would suggest checking in again soon with the dealer to see if they have an update on the fix. I can only think that your brakes are not signaling and they are on so you can go out of park and into drive. Check the brake lights to see if they work. You may want to have another expert inspect the shifting issue to get a second opinion on what’s happening with the car.