Q: 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited Oil Light

I have a 2011 Jeep Wranglerand my oil light keeps coming on and flashing. I pull over turn the Jeep off then back on and it goes away for about 30 minutes then comes back on. I checked the trans fluid its not low or burnt same with my oil. What's going on?

This light will usually come on when one of two things are happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. I would recommend first, to check the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your low oil pressure light to come on.