Q: Warning lights on brand new car

I just purchased my new SUV with less than 20 miles on it, and since then it has been sitting at the dealership with a Check Engine Light and AWD malfunction light. Yesterday, they called me to inform me that the problem was the EGR error code, but they tested it twice and it passed. I am very hesitant about picking up my brand new car and it already has problems. So, I talked to the sales manager only because he was the only one there I could voice my concerns to. He assured me that the problem was fixed. Picked up my keys at the service desk and they also assured me it was fixed too. Drove the car down a straight road at 55 MPH and turned the A/C on, and sure enough, there's a check engine light and AWD light lit up. I took the vehicle back and now they have it and will try to fix it again. What recourse do I have? I understand under UCC law I can revoke ownership if this vehicle is not to the safety standards that they claimed it to be. There is also lemon law. What else can I do?

Talk to the General Manager of the dealership and see if you can just trade it for another vehicle. If the vehicle cannot get fixed within three visits, for the same problem, then you can get the lemon law evoked to have them buy the vehicle back. I think that the dealer would do the right thing.

3. Warning lights on brand new car