Q: My gear shifter and key are stuck in my 2006 Volkswagen Passat

Need help I went to work and started to park my car but it won't park and the gear is stuck, the key was stuck too but after a while I got the key out. The car is still not working won't turn on and the gear is not going back or forth.

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. It sounds like you have a battery issue. When the battery dies it will cause these system to lock due to the lack of voltage. I would start by checking the battery. If the battery is fine then it may have an issue with the ignition switch. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the shifter is locked] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-does-not-shift-from-park-to-drive-inspection