Q: Shifts but won't go into drive, reverse, or neutral.

The gear shifter will move in the car but it stays lit up as in park. It'll move to park reverse drive and what not but for some reason the transmission won't put it in any gear besides park

Hi there. Check the transmission fluid level and see if its full and the color red. If the transmission fluid is low, then top it off and see if there are any external leaks and see if the transmission will move. If the fluid is full and red in color, then the clutches in the transmission are slipping. Also, turn off the engine and put the transmission in any gear and see if the vehicle rolls. If the vehicle does not roll, then the brakes maybe stuck on keeping the vehicle from moving. Make sure that the parking brake is released all the way and the service brake pedal is all the way up. If the brakes are released and the vehicle does roll, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission not driving when its in gear.

3. Shifts but won't go into drive, reverse, or neutral.