Q: serpintine belt and tensioner pulley replacement.

Drove normally then all lights on cluster came on. Power steering went out. Pulled over, looked under car and saw the serpintine belt hanging on ground. Got new belt and tried puttin on with no luck. Noticed the tensioner was not fully going back enough to allow the belt to be put on. Got a new tensioner pulley today and about to attempt to replace it. Any tips or advice will be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. Obviously you will want to clear some room to have access to the tensioner. This is easiest done by removing the radiator. Once you have the old tensioner removed, you simply reverse the process to install the new one. There is no big trick to doing it. Make sure you have it installed correctly and torqued down to the proper specification. With the new tensioner in place, make sure you route the new belt in the correct path. There should be a belt diagram which shows you how to route it. Also make sure the belt matches the exact belt you removed from the vehicle. This can also cause issues with the replacement. Take your time, and pay attention to the other components as you perform the repair; as this is a great opportunity to have a good look at the outside of the engine.

3. serpintine belt and tensioner pulley replacement.