Q: Have to fuel very slowly, pump keeps shutting off

Used a scope to check any obstruction in filler neck replaced the evap purge valve. Thinking the problem might be the charcoal canister itself. How do I test this? I don't want to keep throwing parts at this. No check engine light truck starts and idles fine runs fine and have not noticed any change in fuel mileage I just can't put fuel in it.

Hi, thanks for writing in. This may very well be related to the evaporative emission canister vent solenoid. This is often times part of the problem when getting the system to properly vent. This can be tested by simply checking to see if it has power to it. Typically a bad vent valve does not hold vacuum when activated, or doesn’t activate at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and test this with a special vacuum tool to determine whether or not if this is the cause.

3. Have to fuel very slowly, pump keeps shutting off