Q: Car jerking when shifting

I am having difficulty shifting from a lower to a higher gear. The car jerks violently when shifting and makes a loud noise.

Hello, it sound like your automatic transmission is having a mechanical problem internally. The first thing to check is the transmission fluid level and condition. If the level is low, top it up, check the fluid condition, it should be pink and have a slight odor to it. If the fluid is black, smells burnt, and you can see debris in the fluid (metal particles), the transmission is probably in the need of a rebuild or replacement. I would have a certified mechanic inspect your vehicle’s jerking issue to ensure that your vehicle gets the proper repairs.

3. Car jerking when shifting