Q: What causes Cylinder misfire? Spark plugs, wires and coil pack already replaced 2005 Dodge Stratus

asked by on March 18, 2017

The check engine light comes on and flashs when the problem happens. It random begins to shake and won't accelerate correctly. Had a code ran and it came back cylinder misfire. We replaced the spark plugs, wires and coil pack. But the car still runs the same way! What else could the problem be?

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - in addition to the components which deliver spark on command (which you have already replaced), are the components which determine when the spark should be delivered (crankshaft and camshaft position sensors). A bad fuel mixture will cause misfire as well. The components that ensure deliver of the correct fuel mixture (fuel system, injectors, air flow and mixture management components like the throttle body, air and coolant temperature components, engine management computer, etc.). Look for additional problem codes than the misfire indication - check fuel pressure. For assistance with diagnosis, I recommend a misfire inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.