Q: Hi I have a 2001 s10 that seems to have a wiring issue or something.

Hi I have a 2001 Chevy s10 I put a brand new alternator in it and cleaned up the main ground and still can't figure out what's wrong. When I get over 2500 rpms my battery starts draining and has stalled out a few times

Hi there. Check the battery and make sure that it can hold a charge. Even though a battery can have 12.6 volts, it could have a bad cell causing a large draw. Place the battery on a load and see if the battery passes and can hold a voltage of 11.5 volts during the load test for 30 seconds. If so, then make sure that the battery cables are clean and make sure that the ground wires are tight to the frame and fuse box. Double check the wiring on the alternator and make sure that they are hooked up properly. If you are still having trouble with your charging system then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Hi I have a 2001 s10 that seems to have a wiring issue or something.