Q: When parking lights activate, left turn signal independently stays on

When I turn on the parking lights, the left turn signal stays continually on. The turn signal light does not blink, it just stays on. This happens also when I press on the brakes. The right turn signal is working fine. I have been to the auto repair shop and they said they fixed it, but it started happening again later the same day as when they claimed they had fixed it. What do you think is causing this turn signal to activate at odd times and stay continually on?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your car. If the turn signal stays solid on the dash instead of blinking, that typically indicates a failed bulb. If the bulb is not the issue, check the connector at the turn signal for both power and ground. It looks like both turn signal bulbs share the same ground point, but the ground side wiring could be faulty. If power is not getting to the bulb, the problem could be the turn signal switch or wiring. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, look into this problem for you and replace the turn signal bulb or switch.

• When parking lights activate, left turn signal independently stays on