Q: Strong smell of gas engine knocking

My car was running fine. I stopped at a friends and sat in it for a bit chatting, it was off. When I turned it back on I got a strOmg smell of gas and a knocking sound. Felt like it was going to stall. I turned it off checked the oil was a bit low added oil and restarted it. With the hood up it was visible that the engine was shaking.what could this be

Smell in the car Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It’s possible that either you have a fuel leak or a vacuum leak that is causing the shaking issue you’re experiencing. Since you’re smelling gasoline, I would highly recommend having a professional mechanic complete a smell of gas inspection; as this could be a safety issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr