Q: where is the transmission dipstick

I have a 2015 nissan sentra SR with 8,000 miles on it. Can anyone tell me where the dipstick for the automatic transmission fluid is located? Does the car even have one? I have searched all over the internet and found nothing. It is puzzling me.

A: The 2015 Nissan Sentra is equipped with a C...

The 2015 Nissan Sentra is equipped with a CVT transmission. CVT transmissions typically do not have a dipstick and are only serviceable from the bottom of the vehicle via a drain and fill plug. CVT transmissions also require a specific type of transmission fluid that is exclusive to CVT transmissions.

The best way to check the fluid is to have the vehicle lifted up and the fill plug removed. Then stick a finger inside the fill plug hole and feel for fluid. As a general rule, if you can feel the fluid level within a half inch of the full plug hole, the transmission is full

Finally, if you are considering replacing your transmission fluid, make sure that the fill plug can be removed before removing the drain plug. If the fill plug can not be removed after the fluid has been drained, this will result in a big problem.

To avoid any mistakes, I would recommend having your transmission fluid serviced by a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic.