2013 Buick Verano that the anti-lock brake system started...

Q: 2013 Buick Verano that the anti-lock brake system started making noise

asked by on May 31, 2017

I have a 2013 Buick and the anti-lock brakes started making noise about 1000 miles ago and the Buick dealer says it's normal, but it wasn't making this noise when I bought it.

I took it to the dealer and even got a service claim number with GM about it, but I am being blown off by the dealer saying "it is normal". It wasn't making the noise when I bought it FROM THEM, but it is now and they don't want to take care of it. What should I do?

Depending on the type of noise it is making, this could be a number of things, however the most common problem with the ABS system is the sensors not working properly and causing intermittent signals to be transmitted to the ABS control module. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information simultaneously to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.