Q: Needs to pass smog check..

I need a pitman arm, idle arm, and upper balljoint installed. In addition, the Check Engine light comes on while driving on the freeway, the Gauge Check light has also started coming on, and I failed my smog test due to the fuel EVAP reading too high. I need to know how much it will cost to fix this.

A: If the check engine light is only coming on...

If the check engine light is only coming on when your on the freeway it might be a problem that the computer is only recognizing at cruising speeds. Your best bet would be to have a certified mechanic read the codes and freeze frame data with an appropriate scan tool. The scan tool will also be able to pick up on any faults in the evaporative emissions control systems which may or may not be related. Regarding the quote for a price I would be unsure of an exact amount as I don't know what would need replacing, that would be best answered by the technician doing the inspection.