Q: Engine fault warning lamp flashing

asked by on October 09, 2016

Engine is getting switched off when I drive on A/C ON

AC Compressor Relay Replacement $91.80 - $182.34 Get a Quote
Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hey there. This may suggest a short or potentially a bad fuse or relay problem related to your AC. Your car’s computer has what is known as a "fail safe" default that is engaged when the computer detects an electrical short or many other faults in the various systems in the car. When this fault is detected, the "fail safe" is engaged and depending on the type of fault, the computer will cut power to the engine preventing further damage. When this happens, as you have noticed you will have a Check Engine Light on. When this happens, the computer will register specific fault codes which can be downloaded to determine the cause of the fault or error. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the codes and repair this issue accordingly.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr