Q: Power module malfunction warning, engine unresponsive

I've recently purchased this used car and I'm having many problems with it. It wouldn't crank at all. The engine lost power. The dashboard shows lights blinking and there is a power module malfunction warning. Is the engine going out?

Hello there. This is not an uncommon fault with a BMW 745Li. With any complex electrical system, the first thing to do is the perform a load test on the battery, as proper voltage is important for how the entire system works. Other possible faults include the alternator, battery cable, MAF, oxygen sensor or a wiring issue. Have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the loss of power and perform any repairs required.

3. Power module malfunction warning, engine unresponsive