Q: My Acura TSX started to jerk while I was at a full stop. Not much longer my engine light started flashing any tips or ideas? 2005 Acura TSX

Pretty much what I wrote on top anyone with any tips or ideas of the issue please let me know

Hello, thank you for writing in. With the check engine light on, you will want to start by scanning the vehicle for diagnostic codes. Use that information to help point you in the right direction. You can have this done by a technician, or at most automotive parts stores. Jerking can be a result of the transmission having issues, the engine misfiring, an idle air control valve issue, a dirty throttle, or an electrical power supply issue. Without the information from the computer that is triggering the check engine light, it is a guessing game the will result in a lot of testing. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Hello - the first task is to get the problem codes that are turning on the Check Engine light. This information will have the most direct bearing on what’s causing the problem. Most auto parts stores will read the codes for you for free on a "time-available" basis. There are several possibilities here. If the jerking behavior starts occurring as you coast down to stop from freeway speeds, the torque converter lockup clutch may not be releasing. If the rough running only occurs while stopped (and in gear), this could be an ignition misfire (plugs, coils), or a leaking injector. I recommend a rough running inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My Acura TSX started to jerk while I was at a full stop. Not much longer my engine light started flashing any tips or ideas? 2005 Acura TSX