Q: Steering wheel vibrations can be seen and felt

The past week my steering wheel has started vibrating, both where I can feel it and 'see' it! It happens at mid-speeds, like 30-40mph. The dealership can't find the problem. Can you tell me what is causing this?

A: Hi there. If the steering wheel is vibratin...

Hi there. If the steering wheel is vibrating at this speed and it is occurring whether you apply the brakes or not, then you more than likely have a tire that is failing. When a tire begins to separate, this will occur. You need to take the vehicle to a tire shop and have them place them on a road force balancer to check the tires for separation. If the tires are fine, then it may be a bent wheel or a failing hub bearing. I recommend having a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s vibration issue and recommend a correct repair.