Q: My Ford Expedition shuts off while driving and theft light comes on and beeping sound

Ford Expedition shuts off while driving and theft light comes on and also when sitting there turned on and press the gas it wants to cut out, and rpms won't go up

Hello, It sounds like something has triggered your theft control system. This system is designed to cut off power to the vehicle when it is triggered which is why it cuts out as you try to accelerate. This can happen for a couple of reasons. If you have recently purchased a new key for the vehicle that has not been properly programmed, thus can set off the security system. In some cases, the anti-theft system can malfunction also causing this problem. If you have recently purchased a new key, try the following:

1) Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the run position.

2) Theft indicator cycles out after 2 seconds and then flashes rapidly.

3) After 15 minutes of flashing, The theft indicator will stop flashing.

4) Within/Before a few minutes (5 I believe), after it has stopped, turn the key off and then back to run.

5) Theft indicator proves out after 2 seconds and then flashes rapidly.

6) After 15 minutes of flashing, The theft indicator will stop flashing.

7) Within/Before a few minutes ( 4 on the second time), after it has stopped, turn the key off and then back to run.

8) After 15 minutes of flashing, the theft indicator will stop.

All original programmed keys will be erased and the key in the ignition is programmed.

If this does not correct your issue, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My Ford Expedition shuts off while driving and theft light comes on and beeping sound