Q: Possible fuel pump issue? Car does not start.

I ran over the middle medien in the road(short concrete one people walk on) and my car scaped hard.but nothing was wrong ,drove it to the gas station about a mile down the road.when I pulled up my car started spotting like I was out of gas and I gt 3/4 of a full tank so that bullshit.then I thought maybe it cut off cause i have no oil (sounds crazy I know) check the oil. and I checked under the car to make sure I didn't bust my oil pan. my oil was good, but i put a Court n it just in case,then started it. it turned over like normal and then cut off like i was out of gas but I noticed normally when I cut my car on I can hear the fuel pump cut on and this time it did but make a funny noise and cut off,and I tried to crank it again and it wouldn't go.i need help.

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, running over the median, car scraped hard, drove to the gas station a mile down the road, sputtered and died, could be any number of problems. The fact the fuel pump now sounds different to you, could be the impact hitting the median has caused the fuel pump to fail.

A fuel pressure test could confirm the diagnoses. Given there are so many other possibilities for a no start, diagnoses procedures are going to have to be performed. This will help identify what needs to be repaired or replaced. I recommend your vehicle’s cranks, but won’t start condition be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.