Q: Air sucking noise at low RPM during acceleration

asked by on June 17, 2016

Hi. When I drive the truck and try to accelerate at low RPM, there is this air sucking noise that's very noticeable. At that moment, the trucks seems very sluggish as well, as if it is losing power. What could be causing this? I appreciate your help.

Inspect the inlet air tube between the throttle body and the mass airflow sensor. You most likely will find that the tube may be loose, has disconnected, or has cracks in the hose itself. If it is damaged then replace the hose to fix the issue. However, I’d recommend having your car inspected by a qualified technician who can diagnose the loss of power you’re experiencing and fix it accordingly.