Q: battery not turning motor completely over its acting like it wants to crank and the horn and lites work but it wont crank

asked by on August 15, 2016

what could be the problem its not alternator or battery

Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1142.70 Get a Quote
Ignition Switch Replacement $160.91 - $807.33 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Your starter requires good power to it and a signal from the ignition switch through the start relay to turn over the motor. You should try to put the vehicle in neutral and see if it cranks. This would indicating that the starter is okay and it is a problem with the neutral start circuit. Have a mechanic come to you and diagnose the starting problem for you if you need further assistants.