Q: Is it okay to drive 500 miles with a tire patch?

asked by on October 12, 2016

Is it okay to drive 500 miles with a patch on a tire?

Excessive wear on outer edges of tire Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. Depending on the severity of the surface area of the tire that has been patched and the location of the patch, this could be fine, but is not recommended. Sidewall patches are particularly vulnerable to not holding due to the amount of stress that the sidewalls take on. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to you to fix your patch before driving those 500 miles. It can save for costly repairs in the future.