Q: The engine of the car runs, but when I push the gas pedal it does not accelerate, and the engine does not rev.

asked by on December 30, 2016

The car runs, when you push the gas pedal it does not accelerate and there is no rpm. The engine is running smoothly, however whenever I push the gas the car does not rev. The car says that there is no engine RPM on the pedal, and reduced engine power.

reduced engine power, no acceleration when the gas is pressed (nothing happens) but the car is running.

Hello. It sounds like you may have an issue with your throttle position sensor. This sensor sends a reference voltage to your power-train control module, which uses that to determine ignition timing and fuel trims. If the power-train control module is not detecting the proper signal from the throttle position sensor, the engine may not accelerate properly. It’s probably a good idea for you to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection first, so they can pinpoint what is causing this issue to occur and they will recommend the right repairs be completed.