Q: Check engine light on while driving after a drop in RPMs - 2003 Dodge Neon

I was driving going about 60 mph. And my car dropped in Rpms and speed. As soon as that happened my check engine light came on and it has not turned off. I haven't had it happen again. I need a answer asap. Thank you

Hi there - the best help going forward is to extract the problem codes turning on the Check Engine light. Most auto parts stores will read the problem codes for you for free. In a loss of power situation like this, the fuel supply system is suspect, but again, what engine management codes can tell you is important. I would recommend a thorough inspection of engine systems by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Check engine light on while driving after a drop in RPMs - 2003 Dodge Neon