Q: DTC Code interpretation

2009 Benz C300 4DR Sports automatic transmission code scanner Yes

Issues: 1. "Auto lights inoperative" error message 2, Interior buttons has no lights during a night drive.

DTC errors 1. A25f54 2. D41e00

Code findings 1. circuit 58d off and 0mA consumption 2. ambient illuminationoff 3. headlamp switch off delay off

Questions to experts 1. is circuit 58d off means faulty? what and where is circuit 58d parts if this need to be replaced is your recoomendation 2, ambient illumination off is faulty ? then how to fix? 3. head lamp switch off delay off is faulty? then how to fix? 4. command center (Radio) under engineer mode, I can change illumination from 0-100%, but then I do not know to how to save the setting, how do I save the current setting (100% illumination ) when I get out of engineer mode? 5. Auto lights inoperative" error message---how do I fix this? 2, Interior buttons has no lights during a night drive.--- how do I fix this? is this error due to all these faulty codes tha

It looks like you’re using the Star Diagnostic system. So you are getting Mercedes Proprietary codes. The codes may not be published in a place where you can access them without going through Mercedes. They guard a lot of their intellectual property pretty jealously. As for Circuit 58D, it is not a component, it is the instrument illumination circuit itself; the network of wires and devices that run through the car lighting up things like window switches. In the old days I would say replace the dimmer switch, but things are much more complicated these days. The only thing left for you is to get a wiring diagram and a multimeter and start testing. You will find the Circuit 58D terminals on several devices including the light switch and the lighting module. If you don’t want to spend your day upside down under the dashboard. You can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your electrical system and tell you what its going to take to fix it.