Q: Q: Rain water getting into the car

Every time I drive in the rain, the floor in the front of the my 2009 Chevrolet Traverse is soaked! It has about 105,000 miles on it. I never see the water leaking in. What could be causing this kind of leak? Could it be the doors?

The water leaking into your front floor is most likely coming from the sun roof. The sun roof has two water drains. Each drain runs next to the windshield, inside of the left and right side pillars, called the A pillars. The problem is the sun roof seal is not 100% rain proof and any water that gets past the sun roof glass is channeled into these drains. If you open your sun roof and look from top, you will see the drain holes on the left and right side panels. These drains are connected to a hose that is supposed to go out to bottom of vehicle for drainage. If the tubes get clogged or the hoses come loose, then the water gets inside. The best fix is to lower the head liner in the front by windshield and check if the hoses are connected. I recommend clamping them with a small metal hose clamp or a strong wire tie and blowing air into the drains to clear debris. A mechanic, such as YourMechanic can check if the drain is working. You can also pour water into the channel and look to see if water runs out each drain to the ground by the front fender. Also, check the sun roof seals for any damage or cracking and get it replaced as needed.

3. Q: Rain water getting into the car